- Funder- Epoch and Optima Trust
The school since 2008 been identified as a beneficiary of Epoch and optima Trust were in every year the school receive a certain amount of money from the Trust to address Math challenges and also improve the quality of results in Mathematics and Physical science. The amount allocated to school differs per year and depends on the total score in that particular year based on the following criteria:
- of learners offering Mathematics as a subject
- General performance in Mathematics
- Quality of Math results i.e. level 5,6 and 7
- Accountability in terms of fund allocated to school
- Math and science Olympiads participation of learners.
- Advanced Math participation.
- Math centre project- purpose
The idea behind the Math Centre as a project is to cap challenges related to no availability of educators at school due to number of reasons like educators attending workshops, educators going on authorized leaves etc. The purpose thereof is to have ICT around for any other reason, someone from the Math Centre can monitor the delivery of the teacher’s lesson in the classroom were the teacher is absent in a form of either live broadcast of similar lessons in another class by another teacher or audio tapes of the educator concerned for that lesson or any video of the same lesson as maybe instructed by the subject teacher. Therefore, this project requires a system that will allow teaching and learning to go on even in the absence of the teacher herself/himself. The school intends to start with the implementation of the whole idea as from 1st Term 2017 despite the financial constraints that are there and at the same time hoping to have potential investors into the whole programme as it will benefit both the learners and the Department of Education.
- Department of Correctional Services
The school started engaging the work of the parolees from the year 2015. The Department of correctional services through engagement of parolees already assisted the school in the following instances:
- Cleaning of the school surrounding.
- Fulltime Handyman to assist in plumbing and electricity maintenance.
- Skilled labour to assist in the construction of a Math Centre Block.
- Provision of Vegetable to feed hostel learners.
Providing Crime awareness to the learners at the school. Recently the school has signed a Memorandum Of Understanding(MOU) with the Limpopo Department of correctional services which indicates that the Department of correctional services will assist the school on a number of things were there is a need.
- The school anticipate to have a shortfall of about R500 000 for equipments and systems for implementation of ICT integrated classroom teaching.
- Safety and security – no proper fence that will limit channel entrance into the school premises.
- Sports grounds- very poor
- School Hall- no proper school hall that can accommodate t least 1000 people.
- Drum Majorettes uniform and equipments.